Ever wondered how celebrities built out their Instagram followings? Well, the answer is rather simple. They don’t have to. Their fans search for them themselves by simply using the search function or they visit their fan page/website and find a link to Instagram there.
Then they share it with their friends, and what not, and before you know it a celebrity has hundreds of millions of followers on Instagram. Easy as that.
But are all those followers real?
Nope, the so-called Instagram account management services own an army of accounts, sometimes in the hundreds of thousands and to make these profiles look legit they start following artists, musicians, singers, sports stars, and any other famous person on this planet.
Why’d they done that? Because they have no friends, if you have to generate thousands of accounts you quickly run out of sources to follow so why not follow what everyone else follows.
So next time when you see that your favorite pop star has 100 million followers, there’s a very real chance that as much as 20-30% are actually fake / bot generated accounts to provide an Instagram marketing service.
Instagram strategy for the less famous
They largely have to rely on the same methods that you and I use, or if they have the budget they hire a marketing firm to assist them with that.
To make this article a bit more useful for you, here are some strategies that you can employ:
- Promote your Instagram at your other social channels like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and on your website if you have one.
- Send out an email to your list, if you have one that is, a list I mean.
- Connect with other influencers and offer them something in return, once you start to gain followers yourself you can do an ad swap.
- Get a bot yourself to do the hard work for you, there are whole sites dedicated to that.
- Participate in conversations that are going viral, and make sure your presence is known.
- Use captions, Instagram’s internal search algorithm picks this up so be descriptive there.
- Remove tags from your photos that aren’t relevant enough.
- Tell people to share, like your posts or follow you, if you don’t ask they don’t take action.
- Run a sweepstake at Instagram, plenty of people that love that.
- Utilize Instagram ads, you can do this through your Facebook account, very easily.
It’s also important that you make your Instagram profile look interesting.
Here are some quick tips to do just that
- Write a killer biography
- Make sure your colors match
- Don’t switch fonts too often
- Include a link to your website
- Use descriptive captions
- Let your profile image stand out
I suppose that should help you to get started, so go ahead and apply one of these techniques and you’ll be amazed at the results you will achieve!